Plan Your Trip
The City of Dallas has made camping sites available for Saturday and Sunday nights of Eclipse weekend. Sites are a $300 flat rate for both nights, and are 20 ft wide by 30 ft long. You can get more details and book your camping site here!
If you’re a resident of Dallas and have a little extra space at home, we encourage you to think about offering a room (or more space, if you’ve got it) for rent on Airbnb. More info on how to do that coming soon!
For an even more comprehensive list of lodging options available in the Dallas area, visit Travel Salem’s eclipse page and scroll down to “Salem-area lodging options during the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse.”
Places to Stay
- Roger Jordan Park camp sites are available. The City of Dallas will be host to roughly 90 camp-sites. These sites will be rented for $300 for the weekend and will be available from Saturday, August 19 at noon through Monday, August 21 at 5 pm.
Information packets with one complementary pair of eclipse glasses, one commemorative t-shirt, and Dallas entertainment information will be given to each person that reserves a camp site. Visit the City's web page for more details City of Dallas Website
- Eola Hills of Oregon will experience total darkness too. You’re invited to share this rare natural phenomenon at the 160-acre Legacy Estate Vineyard just next to Dallas. Located on a hillside, Legacy offers spectacular views of the Willamette Valley, the Coast Range, and the sky. http://eolahillswinery.com/total-solar-eclipse-viewing-party/eclipse-packages/ They have packages that include staying in Dallas so you can enjoy their party and ours.
- Dallas Best Western hotel is already all booked up for Sunday, August 20th (the night before the eclipse), but still has rooms available before and after the 20th – book them soon though; they’re going fast!
- Looking for an amazing country camping spot in the Path of Totality for the Solar Eclipse? The Salt Creek Cider House is located directly in the Path of Totality near Dallas, Oregon and offering 50 rustic camping spots on The Hill. The Hill is ten acres of sloped open field up above the Salt Creek Cider House. The Hill is on a north-facing slope overlooking the Willamette Valley and elevates your ability to see many things like birds, stars and the Solar Eclipse! While the Willamette Valley and coast are often foggy in the morning The Hill is generally above the clouds, giving you one of the best views in the area.
Learn More and/or Reserve a Spot: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/solar-eclipse-camping-the-hill-at-salt-creek-cider-house-tickets-33536698167
- Dry Camping - 200 plus dry RV campsites in a beautiful country setting only 3-1/2 miles west of downtown Dallas. Generous site sizes of 25x50 feet contact Mike James at: 503-341-3106 or Email or just check out their website: www.butterflyfallscamping.com
- Located just east of Dallas, the farm is over sixty acres of rolling fields located directly in the path of totality. We have campsites and RV spaces still available. We are attempting to make a self contained site on our farm just five minutes (normally) east of Dallas, with shuttle service to Dallas for our guests( in attempt to limit traffic into town during the event). For more info please visit our website https://solareclipseoregon2017.com
- Dallas Trinity Lutheran Church is making campsites available for the eclipse. The reservations are now open, and available at www.dallastlc.org/eclipse they have dry camping - 53 spacious RV sites, 15 tent-only sites. Located in Dallas with unobstructed eclipse viewing area.